Experienced Parsippany Car Accident Lawyer Serves Clients Throughout New Jersey
Candid legal advice focused on delivering your best outcome
Auto accidents have the potential to negatively impact your job, your family, your health and your quality of life. Even an apparently minor traffic accident can result in serious injuries. If you have been hurt because someone was negligent, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries, including pain and suffering, past and future medical bills, and lost income. For more than 35 years, Noel E. Schablik, P.A. has successfully represented clients injured in auto accidents in New Jersey. If you have been hurt in a car, motorcycle, truck, ATV, boat or pedestrian-related accident, we can help.
Most common causes of car accidents in Parsippany and throughout New Jersey
According to the New Jersey Department of Transportation, around 300,000 motor vehicle crashes occur in the state each year, causing about 60,000 injuries and more than 500 fatalities. There are many ways in which an auto accident can occur, but the most common causes of an accident are:
- Distracted driving — Motorists routinely engage in activities that take their attention off the road — activities such as eating, drinking, grooming, reaching for objects, adjusting the stereo, using a cellphone to talk or text, viewing email, and carrying on animated conversations with passengers.
- Speeding — Driving at excessive speed is a leading factor in fatal crashes.
- Drunk driving — In 2014, New Jersey reported 201 fatalities in alcohol-related accidents, accounting for 36 percent of all motor vehicle accident fatalities. Of these, 163 occurred in accidents where a driver’s blood alcohol concentration, or BAC, was over the legal limit of 0.08.
- Reckless driving — Worse than simple negligence, reckless driving can involve excessive speed, unsafe maneuvers or a combination of the two, where a driver exhibits a disregard for personal safety and the safety of others.
- Weather — Severe weather such as heavy rain, snow and high winds can diminish a driver’s visibility and the car’s traction. Unfortunately, many drivers do not compensate properly for inclement conditions, making accidents much more likely.
- Design defects — In recent years, automotive defects in accelerator pedals, ignition switches and electronic gearshifts have been linked to numerous fatal accidents.
In 2014, cellphone usage was reported in more than 1,000 injury accidents in New Jersey, split somewhat evenly between handheld and hands-free devices. A total of 1,758 crashes, six fatal, reportedly involved handheld cellphone use, and 2,127 crashes, one fatal, occurred when a driver was using a hands-free device.
Why is it important to hire a lawyer after a car accident?
If you’ve been seriously injured in a car crash, your losses are going to be in the tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of dollars. That means you’ve got to “close a deal” where someone you don’t know, who doesn’t know you, is going to agree to write you a check for five, six, or maybe even seven figures. That’s not the kind of negotiating most folks can do on their own, especially against experienced attorneys who are paid not to do the right thing, but to save insurance companies money. Do you want to take all that on while you’re recovering? Retaining Noel E. Schablik, P.A. is a better option.
We work on a contingency fee basis, so if we accept your case, you pay no upfront legal fees, and you only pay fees after you recover compensation through a settlement or court verdict. So, without paying a retainer, you get the services of a New Jersey Supreme Court certified attorney who is also AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, in recognition of his legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with his work. We handle the investigation, case preparation, discovery, witness interviews and depositions, and settlement negotiations.
But we don’t do all this alone. Our personal injury attorneys consult with knowledgeable and respected experts: trauma physicians, chiropractors, forensics engineers, mechanics, and collision reconstruction analysts lend their expertise to help our attorneys obtain the best possible settlements. At trial, these esteemed professionals help by educating jurors about the specifics of the accident, what caused it, and the injuries that resulted.
When you choose our office to represent you, you get our complete commitment to excellence in client service and civil litigation.
What is the statute of limitations on filing an accident claim in NJ?
It is important to speak to an attorney immediately following a traffic accident to ensure the preservation of crucial evidence and witness recollection. In addition, New Jersey law places a time limit of two years from the date of the accident for injured parties to file a legal claim for automobile accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents. In the case of an infant, the statute expires two years after his/her eighteenth birthday. We are committed to the timely investigation of your claim.
Contact an established auto accident attorney in Parsippany, New Jersey
Our experienced attorneys have the necessary skills to advocate for you after an auto accident. If you have been involved in a crash, call Noel E. Schablik, P.A. at 973-402-9596 or contact us online to schedule a free telephone or in-person consultation at our Parsippany office or at your home or hospital room.