What is the statute of limitations on a personal injury claim?
- A statute of limitations is a state law that puts a strict time limit on your right to file a lawsuit. If you miss the deadline, you will almost certainly lose your right to take your personal injury lawsuit to court, and you will no longer have a legal remedy for any harm the defendant caused you. An experienced attorney in your area can explain your state’s statute of limitations and how it applies to your case.
- How much can I get for my personal injury settlement?
- How long will my personal injury case take?
- When should I file a personal injury lawsuit?
- What is a contingency fee?
- Should I settle with the insurance company?
- Do I have a personal injury claim?
- What damages can I claim in a personal injury case
- What is a wrongful death claim?