What is a non-compete agreement?
- A non-compete agreement is a contractual provision that prevents workers from starting a competing business or going to work for a competitor after they leave a position. Non-compete clauses can be part of an initial employment contract or signed at a later date. An employment attorney in your area can help you understand your rights and restrictions under a non-compete agreement.
- What is considered harassment at work?
- What are the elements of a hostile work environment claim?
- What is “at-will” employment?
- What is the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)?
- What is considered workplace discrimination?
- How much time can I take off for maternity or paternity leave?
- How do I know if I should make a sexual harassment claim?
- Do I lose my health coverage if I lose my job?