Do I lose my health coverage if I lose my job?
- You have two primary options after a loss of employer-provided health insurance.You can continue your existing plan through COBRA, the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act. If you’re not able, or willing, to continue under COBRA, you can get coverage through the federal Health Insurance Marketplace. An employment law attorney in your area can help you understand how your state’s laws impact your health coverage after a job loss.
- What is considered harassment at work?
- What are the elements of a hostile work environment claim?
- What is “at-will” employment?
- What is the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)?
- What is considered workplace discrimination?
- How much time can I take off for maternity or paternity leave?
- What is a non-compete agreement?
- How do I know if I should make a sexual harassment claim?